DIGIMON SAVERS LATEST:
- The leader of the new group is called Masaru. Click here for details.
- The new digivice is called the Digivice iC. Click here for pics.
- Digimon names and images have landed! Click here for the news.
- All we know on the new series is in our new Digimon Savers section in the bottom-right.
News Updates
it's a bumper update!!!
OK. Right. God knows Digimon's been having a bit of bad news recently. But I'm here to try and rectify some problems. Here's the first part...
Digimon DVD Yes. You heard me right. I've heard from a very reliable source (on alt.fan.digimon) that a company called Maximum Entertainment will be releasing Digimon Adventure on DVD, starting in July. :D They will release the first five eps on a DVD and then the next few on another DVD to be released in October. A box set will probably follow. Yay!
Meet The Makers You may remember I done a feature on Inon Zur a few weeks ago. Well, another well respected digimon voice actor has hit the newsreels, so here's a "Meet The Makers" news feature on Melissa Fahn!
Melissa Fahn plays Rika on Digimon Tamers. She recently conducted an interview with Animation Insider. because shes got a role in new Broadway musical: Wicked. Go Melissa. :)
// 'Her voice just seems to sprinkle sugar, spice, and of course everything nice, but this Wicked cast member has more to her then a sweet voice, she has dreams. Melissa Fahn is far from her home of Santa Monica, but has made the journey for a very good reason. Fahn is making her Broadway debut and a dream come true in Wicked. Not new to the stage or even television, Fahn provides voices for such cartoons as Digimon, Cowboy Bebop, and Invader Zim. With her young playful voice and child like smile she fits very well into Oz. Through out animation land Fahn has become a very hot item, but now it is Broadway’s turn to meet this rising star.' //
// 'Fahn provides the voice for some head strong and off the wall little girls. For example, Edward on Cowboy Bebop is a young brainy vocal girl hacker that hangs around with bounty hunters, but one character stands out for Fahn, one with which she seems to really have a connection with. "I think one of my favorite characters is Rika on Digimon," she comments. "That character came along at a time in my life that I was doing a lot of growing and discovering about myself personally. Rika is kind of traumatized and heartbroken. I was able to put a lot myself into her. I channeled my heartache and growing pains that I might have been feeling at that time into her. I liked Rika because she was really gutsy and a brave little girl. I was able to become a little braver and stand up for myself a little more. At the same time I was doing Gaz on Invader Zim. Gaz is an angry sort of dark character that takes no shit from her older brother or Zim, but I like Rika a lot. I am proud of her."' //
I don't know about other digi-fans, but I feel really proud hearing this! Melissa Fahn does an excellent job of capturing Rika's strong personality and her fighting spirit.